Monday, July 27, 2009

What is a good texturizer for strong, nappy hair?

I am thinking about chopping my dreds, cause I am ready fro a short hairstyle. I am nervous about styling my short, strong nappy hair. Should I texturize? What hair products would you suggest?



What is a good texturizer for strong, nappy hair?

I am of mixed heritage, having African American %26amp; Puerto Rican as my ethnicity, so I truly understand how it is to have kinky hair. However, we all have different levels of kink...so to speak.



I can recommend a few sites that may provide more information than I can, and I hope they assist. Before I do that, you must understand that kinky hair is simply:extremely tight curls. Curly hair needs moisture more than any hair type, since the oils from the scalp have a hard time rolling down the spirals of curls :-)



So, I recommend using an olive oil based moisturizer (or use olive oil itself, I do!) that's light. There are plenty of texturizers on the market, but if you don't want it straight...just with a 'nice wave to it', I recommend using a children's relaxer, such as Just for Me..or similar..but use the Mild kind.



Try this site...it should point you in the right direction:



http://blackmarketproducts.com/nn/



The link is a little wacky, but you'll have to click on 'home' in the left navigation panel to access the site. :-)



Desi



What is a good texturizer for strong, nappy hair?

sleek style its really gud for nappy hair its like a leave in conditioner



What is a good texturizer for strong, nappy hair?

go to beauty supply store that sells hair greese and oils and ask the ghetto women for advice



What is a good texturizer for strong, nappy hair?

Do not texturize. Use the Organic Root Stimulator line of products. Make sure you deep condition each time you shampoo. Instead of shampooing sometime use conditioner like shampoo. It will cleanse your hair but not dry it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment