Sunday, July 5, 2009

How can i get my hair to grow??(im african american)?

im 16yrs old and when i was smaller i had VERY long hair!!! until i was about 9 or 10 my fathers girlfriend put a perm in my hair and cut it of ALOT now my hair is a little past my ears!! im tired of having short hair and i want it to grow back....i just dont know what to do!! my hair is hard to style and it looks A MESS =( my mom takes me to get my hair braided every once in a while but my hair doesnt keep good with braids, it gets frizzy in about 2 days! my mom bought me some dr.miracles products(the shampoo/conditioner,oil grow,and damaged hair medication treatment) what else can i use to get my hair growing and what can i use to keep my braids longer??



How can i get my hair to grow??(im african american)?

Here, first I want to show you a link of my hair. I recently chopped off several inches for my own personal reasons. But I am very WARY of taking advice about hair when I can't see the hair of the person so:



http://fiu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20...



Here you go, that's all mine.



Now:



You should roller set your hair every week. Roller setting your hair distributes low heat over a long time when underneath a dryer. Some people let their roller set air-dry. You should do actual blow-drying with a blush kept at a bare minimum especially since your hair is damaged. Spray your hair with a heat protectant or use a setting lotion.



You should do protein treatments every 2-6 weeks depending on how damaged your hair is. Also deep-condition every week. I go to a salon that uses high-quality products and that has a woman who knows all about ethnic hair. I'm not saying go to a black salon, because I have personally seen of them use very low quality products. I am saying go to a hairdresser that knows how to deal with your kind of hair. Go to her ASAP and let her repair your hair, then you can either keep going (I do this weekly to maintain healthy locks but only because I am in a good financial situation, I can more than take care of my hair without going this much) or take care of it at home, which you can do as long as you know WHAT to do :)



Once you take the rollers out and brush out your hair, it should be soft, straight, shiny and have a bit of a curl at the end and have bounce. Try to stay away from the flat iron, if you do use a heat protectant. If I am going out somewhere special and it's toward the end of the week and I want some extra bounce and my hair a bit straighter, I will use a flat iron.



This is what I do. I have Iron Smoother by Matrix. It's a spray that protects heat up to 450 degrees. I also own a Chi flat iron, which is a high quality iron along with Sedu and a few others. After that, to make it shinier, I use Matrix's sleek look sealing serum. Use can also use Paul Mitchell's skinny serum drops. Do NOT use Biosilk right now because your hair is damaged and in the future use it veerrrry sparingly. It does the job in making your hair shine, but it is extremely drying. It is made up mostly of alcohol.



The shampoo I use is Biolage Hydratherapie. The deep condition I use is Biolage Ultra Hydrating Creme. The protein treatment I use is Nexxus Emergencee Reconstructer. Your hair needs a healthy balance of protein and moisture.



Wrap your hair at night with a silk scarf, it's so important to keeping your hair moisturized.



I know that money doesn't grow on trees but I promise if you invest your money on high-quality hair products, your hair will thank you.



You might also need a trim or cut because you may have a lot of split ends along with damaged hair.



Also, you can start trying taking supplements. I use GNC's Ultranourishair, Biotin, and MSN. All these things are good for your hair. HOWEVER, if after 3 months you don't see improvement (and I mean look at your roots) then stop taking them. Some people don't metabolize synthetic vitamins as well as others, that's why you see some people swear by them and some don't. I started taking them about 2 months ago and I like them.



I think this covers it all but you can always ask for more, I love to help people with relaxed hair! A lot of people hate on us and say we should go natural but there is such thing as healthy relaxed hair that you can grow long and thick as I have!



:)



How can i get my hair to grow??(im african american)?

Make sure when you're conditioning your hair you get a lot of conditioner on the roots and the tips - I like to do them separate from my whole head. It makes your hair grow a lot faster than it normally would. Good luck!



How can i get my hair to grow??(im african american)?

use a shampoo and conditioner called garnier fructis. I had hair exactly like you but I am not africain american.



How can i get my hair to grow??(im african american)?

i just come to america from pongyam and shae my head like basketball heroes. it look real good to my fellow workers. we sew clothes and share abedroom. shave head is cool and clean. so i say shave your head? you want to be cool and clean too? go study now. do not shave all at one time. use scissors first. a little at a time. then you shave and use nair to shine it up.



How can i get my hair to grow??(im african american)?

deep condition



How can i get my hair to grow??(im african american)?

This question had plaqued black woman since uhh forever!.. lmao I'm 18 and I have hair to my shoulder but i just work with it. However just stop using all those products for about a month and just flat iron your hair or hot comb it with pressing oil.. my hair grew even longer in about a month but i just cut it because I'm emo and that's my scene..



How can i get my hair to grow??(im african american)?

YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER RELAXING YOUR HAIR AT LEAST EVERY 6WKS INSTEAD OF THE USUAL. THE 6WKS GIVES YOUR HAIR TIME TO GROW OUT YOUR NEW GROWTH SO..BY THIS YOUR HAIR ISN'T INTERFERRED WITH ALL OF THE RELAXER CHEMICALS. NEXT, YOU SHOULD CONSIDER USING PINK, BRONNER BROS, OR DOO GROW HAIR PRODUCTS TO KEEP YOUR HAIR MOISTURIZED....LIGTHLY GREASE YOUR HAIR EVERY 3 DAYS OR WHENEVER IT BECOMES ITCHY OR DRY....ALL YOU REALLY NEED IS A DAILY MOISTURIZER, LIGHT HAIR GREASE, HEAT(STRAIGHTNER OR CURLING IRONS) WHENEVER NEEDED, A COMB (PREFABABLY), AND TIME....AT LEAST 3 TO 4 MTHS. TO SEE A NICE CHANGE...ITS ALL LEARNING HOW TO TRAIN YOUR HAIR..... ALSO TRY WRAPPING YOUR HAIR AT NIGHT..THAT HELPS, TOO...



How can i get my hair to grow??(im african american)?

did u try wrapping your hair with a wrap to not get it frizzy? i am a mixed person and i always use a wrap. u can get it at any beuty supply around. about your damaged hair... try perming it to make it more manageable, and to grow it back people say that milk doesnt grow back your hair but it does. drink lots and lots of milk to help it grow little by little every week and drink water to nourish it. i hope that helped!



How can i get my hair to grow??(im african american)?

u need to first use a professional relaxer and do ur retouches on time and train ur hair , brushing it help alot and when u sleep use a satin bonnet r a satin pillowcase never sleep on a cotton pillow case that will eat ur hair out and plenty of moisture is always good and that should help ya........



How can i get my hair to grow??(im african american)?

I know how you feel. I got braids like about 6 months ago and she messed up my hair! It took out half my hair. I would suggest you just keep getting it cut even though you are trying to get it to grow. My hair is at my shoulders now and its super thick, it's a pain to deal with now. I went to a professional hair stylist and she did an awesome job. To keep your braids longer I would suggest some braid sheen or spray. It helps a lot, oh and the occasional bit of gel. Best of luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment