Monday, July 27, 2009

For an African-American woman, what would be a good low-maintenance hair style a bit on the conserva

I'm 47, a single mom, and recently became semi-disabled. In the past, I've usually had short, sassy hairstyles and relaxed my hair routinely. But after I became ill, I pretty much let my hair go and have let it grow out without doing much to it aside from washing and moisturizing. It's now about five inches long, and is in need of a good trim and style. But I need something that will be VERY low maintenance, because I'm short on time, energy and money these days. I also tend to sweat a lot more than I used to. What can I do to my hair to make it look decent when I go out, but also stand up to the times when I'm bedridden and feverish for a couple of days straight? I'm really not into dreds. Not that I have anything against them, but I just don't think they're well suited to the shape of my face. If only jheri curls were still in style! (joke)



For an African-American woman, what would be a good low-maintenance hair style a bit on the conservative side?

There are micro braids you can get. They are much thinner than regular ones and they can last for 3 months if you take care of them. They are so thin that you can style you hair in any way or not at all and still look good.



For an African-American woman, what would be a good low-maintenance hair style a bit on the conservative side?

As an African-American woman myself, i think you can NEVER go wrong with micro braids. You can style them in all sorts of ways, very, very low maintenance, and at times when you are not feeling well, just tie them up with a nice silk scarf or bandana.



I have a link to a website that could give you some ideas.



For an African-American woman, what would be a good low-maintenance hair style a bit on the conservative side?

I hear you on the jhericurls( boy is that a blast from my past) :-)



I don't think dreads is the answer but using the same technique and black gel, twist it. Here is how is done. Saturate the hair with the gel after shampoo and dry, then you start applying it in the section you are working to ensure proper saturation. With the tip of a skinny round brush start turning the hair until it kind of curls back into the strand let it sit there and continue. If you saturate well enough the style will last you well enough the end result looks like a bunch of little curly cubes the gel gives a Lotta shine.



good luck and a speedy recovery.



For an African-American woman, what would be a good low-maintenance hair style a bit on the conservative side?

The wrap hair style



For an African-American woman, what would be a good low-maintenance hair style a bit on the conservative side?

as an african american women with a strict dress code at work i usually just wear a bun. you can put them up with dry or wet hair and only a little gel is required



For an African-American woman, what would be a good low-maintenance hair style a bit on the conservative side?

I would say a wrap but if your hair sweat a lot then I am not sure if that's a good idea. I suggest like others, microbraids. Microbraids is very low maintenance and can be done in many styles (down styles and updos).

No comments:

Post a Comment